The ACTTBA Board will hold the AGM on the 8th May 2021 in the afternoon (venue and exact time yet to be confirmed). An official notice with the agenda will be released 16th April in order to meet the requirements of the Constitution.
The AGM will deal with:
- Regular reports from the President and Treasurer
- Any motions or questions on notice
- Election of the vacant Board positions
- General questions without notice from the floor, time permitting. No motions or voting during this period.
All members have the right to attend the AGM – but for legacy reasons only a representative from each league is entitled to vote (Constitution Rule 9). This also means that ‘items of business’ (proposals for motions or questions on notice) must be submitted through the league representative (Constitution Rule 10).
Members of the ACT bowling community are requested to submit ‘items of business’, through the league representatives, to the ACT Board by 9th April for inclusion in the Agenda. Notices received after this date are unlikely to be included in this year’s AGM.
Depending on the motions received, the Board may hold an SGM prior to the AGM – this will be identified through the formal notice if required.
This year, four Director positions will be up for election.
- The current Treasurer (Peter Deans) was appointed after the last AGM, so this position must be re-elected in accordance with the Constitution Rule 119.
- The current Vice President (Damian McFarlane) has decided to stand down at this AGM following two years of service to the ACT bowling community
- The Secretary and the 5th Director’s position remain as casual vacancies following last year’s AGM.
We are seeking keen members from the community to sit on the Board. Without Directors on the Board, bowling in the ACT cannot be steered in the right direction. Without Directors on the Board, local events are less likely to happen, and State Teams will not be able to go to the Nationals. Experience on Boards/Committees is not necessary – induction and some training will be provided as required.
Who can serve on the Board? The Constitution Rules 96, 9 and 7 cover this formally, but in summary:
- Must have TBA registration through the ACT
- Must be 18 or older; and
- Membership must be in good standing (i.e. not suspended); and
- More than 10 business days have passed since he or she paid the relevant TBA Sports Registration fee
Nominations for Board positions will close a week before the AGM – and more information will be provided with the AGM notice.
We are also looking for keen bowlers to work on the various committees that will support the Board. Work will soon commence on planning for next year’s Championships. We also need a managing committee for the ACT teams at the 2021 Nationals. These are the most pressing, but other initiatives will be announced when relevant.
Bowling in the ACT requires support from the community and cannot be achieved when left to two or three people. Volunteering for the Board and the various committees is an easy way to support and guide bowling. With the right number of volunteers, the workload is light and the rewards are many.